That’s why it’s important to always remember these 12 things each time you hit the roads in winter.
- The simplest thing you can do is to make sure you install new tires or at least carry a good amount of tread. Also do keep them properly inflatedat all times.
- The other big thing you can do is slow down. Slowing down is key especially when driving on narrow roads or those with bends and turns.
- Get your battery checked if you notice it is slow to turn when you try tostart it up. Drive your car regularly, even if it’s just for a bit, so the battery gets some use .
- Check the tire pressure before driving and fill with air if needed. As the average temperature drops, so will tire pressures.
- Always keep the coolant level under check. If the level is low, add an equal measure of water and coolant to maintain the necessary antifreeze capability.
- Fill the windshield washer fluid reservoir with a winter cleaning solutionthat is formulated to prevent it from freezing.
- It’s essential to dress warm and carry extra clothes including an extra hat, gloves, socks and blanket.
- Along the same lines, make sure your emergency road kid includes a jumper cable, shovel, water, snacks and a car charger.
- Also keep your gas tank full. A fuller gas tank will deter the potential freezing of your vehicle gas-line.
- Avoid activating your cruise control when driving on a slippery surface.
- Keep windshield and windows clear. Do keep a snow brush or scraper in their vehicle at all times..
- If you intend to travel alone, let someone else know where you are going and keep in touch..
Here’s wishing you a safe ride this winter.
Give us a call today at 1-416-712-6640 or submit our online form - and let us help you with making the right choice with the right dream car, faster.